The CPA Atlantic School of Business is responsible for promoting and delivering accounting and business education in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Bermuda.
Programs are available part-time and delivered through a blend of online and in-person modalities. Classes and exams are delivered throughout the Atlantic Provinces and Bermuda, in both French and English, and are accessible to candidates of all educational backgrounds.
The Value of Being a CPA
Every organization needs an accounting and business professional. Every tech start-up, financial institution, entertainment company, non-profit, government agency — everyone — needs the skills you can provide as a Chartered Professional Accountant. You have the widest range of opportunities, so you can choose your working environment. Regardless of your industry sector, your job is to be a forward-thinking financial leader and to apply the knowledge you’ve gained from the CPA designation to make important financial and business decisions.
Highly qualified professionals in the accounting, business and finance field will always be in demand. With a Canadian CPA designation, you can be sure that you’re trained to meet Canadian and international market needs and that there is always room to grow.
As experts in “the language and toolkit of business,” CPAs have a distinct advantage in being able to choose careers, sectors, and places in which to apply their unique skillset. While CPAs do analyze the past and present, it is always with the strategic aim to envision and build future opportunities.
5 unique career advantages of being a CPA:
- Work in any sector you choose, from wealth conservation to environmental conservation, gold mining to cannabis farming, trading floors to digital platforms;
- In any role you can imagine, from VP finance of a professional sports franchise, as an international forensic auditor, to a niche entrepreneur;
- Wherever in the world you like, from your home town to Toronto’s financial district, to Fogo Island in Newfoundland, to Europe, the US, Caribbean or Asia;
- With incredible job security, whether from the network of 220,000 CPAs, consistent high demand from employers, or the great CPA salaries; and
- The ability and opportunities to give back, whether as volunteer treasurer for your favourite cause or as a highly credible community leader.